Unless you're in the habit of attending the Logies, there will probably be no other occasion quite like this to fully express the beautiful princess within. And it's also an opportunity to make your beau scrub up as his most handsome and presentable. The clothes you choose will not only be the source of great interest and excitement for your guests but also influence your whole decorative theme for the wedding. It’s smart to really think about how you want to portray yourself on this wonderful day, what are your perhaps most secret fantasies about being a bride? Just because you're an uber-cool chick with your everyday wardrobe, doesn't mean that you may not prefer to be ultra conservative on this occasion. If you're normally a conservative dresser, perhaps you have a secret desire to surprise everyone by walking down the aisle displaying you inner hippy streak with some Bohemian chic? Project yourself into any number of the styles chosen by other brides in bridal mags and online, and imagine whether you'd feel right in them. Do you want to be vibrant and fun, reserved and elegant, unorthodox and wild? It's your day and should be your decision entirely.
- When choosing your dress and shoes, consider the importance of comfort. Remember that Bali is a tropical climate and although Ubud does have the luxury of slightly cooler afternoons and evenings, you don’t want to perspire too much so consider the fabric and weight of your dress. If you are going to wear high heels, pack a pair of pretty flat sandals as back up and change into them during your photo tour or when you’re on the dance floor later in the night.
- Certain wedding dress salons require you to make an appointment for viewings and fittings. Make sure you call in advance to avoid disappointment.
- Wear lingerie to viewings which is similar to what you will be wearing on your wedding day as lingerie can affect the fit of the dress and the way it sits on your body. Bring along shoes that will be a similar heel height on the day so that you can get a good idea of how the dress will fall with height.
- Remember to ask the right questions. How long will the dress take to deliver? Are alterations included in the dress price? Always give yourself lots of time for alterations, even resort to false deadlines if necessary (all is fair in love and marriage.)
- Dresses don’t have to cost a fortune – let your fingers do the walking and look at some fabulous online options, the choice is quite incredible.
- Consider if you’d like your bridesmaids to pay for their own dresses or if this will be your gift to them. It is a nice idea to pay for one of their requirements, either shoes or dress but there aren’t any rules and it is completely up to you.
- Discuss with your partner whether the boys will be hiring or buying their outfits. For a reputable Australia wide hiring company, check out www.spurling.com.au. Also consider if maybe you’d like to keep it nice and casual and have the boys wear outfits that they’ll get use out of time and time again – a good pair of trousers and shirt never go out of style.
- For you and the girls, try to choose jewellery that you can wear again, that way your wedding will always be close to your heart.
- Take a photo of your and your bridesmaids’ dresses for the florist to reference when creating your bouquets.
- Consider using delicate fresh flowers in your hair or headpiece. We will happily arrange this with our florist, if you choose. Talk to your Botanica coordinator about your options.
- Pack an emergency sewing kit, just in case anything comes loose.
- For added comfort, take a few pairs of gel innersoles for your shoes.
- Finally, don’t forget to start designing and ordering your wedding rings, well in advance.